Hearing aids differ by brand, style, features and size. Dr. Campbell provides patients with a range of options, all based on hearing loss type. Designs further individualize hearing devices from one another, giving wearers another way to personalize their products.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Style types are one of the first things patients will decide about new hearing aids. There are quite a few sizes to choose from, with each offering its own set of benefits. Whether you're looking for something small or prefer a robust device, style should be considered based on your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget needs.
- Behind the ear (BTE): BTE is the most visible of the styles, but also the most powerful. The bigger size makes it easier to clean and change depleted batteries. Larger batteries also last longer.
- Receiver in the ear (RITE): RITE is similar to BTE but is reduced in size. It maintains a lot of the benefits of BTE without the extra bulk.
- Mini RITE: Mini RITE is a good style choice for users that want top tier sound quality. It is the most common style prescribed.
- In the ear or half shell (ITE): Designed to fit in the outer ear bowl, they are easier to insert and remove for those with dexterity issues. Just like BTE, they're the perfect size for changing out batteries.
- Completely in the canal (CIC): CIC devices are categorized as a small style of hearing aid and are nearly invisible.
- Invisible in canal (IIC): This is the smallest hearing aid style available. IIC styles offer the most discreet look but can be challenging to handle if you have dexterity issues.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Oticon was founded in 1904 and is passionate about creating solutions and accessories that help you communicate in your day-to-day life. They offer a full range of styles to meet your needs. They use the most advanced processing available. Learn more at their website, www.oticonusa.com
For our hearing healthcare professional partners, we deliver an exceptional customer experience based on renowned personal service. For their patients, we create products that make a real difference in people’s lives.